Join me on Wizzley- a user friendly writers' community

Wizzley

Friday 24 February 2012

I've always wanted one of those "porch swings"

You know those American films where people sit on a porch that goes round the house, on a wooden swing seat? I've always wanted one of those.
However, we don't have a big porch or veranda at our house!

I also used to love it when I was young when my mother took me round to an old lady's house which had a flowery outside swing seat with a canopy. I'd like one of those too, but the Lake District is too wet to make it really sensible to leave one of these out in the garden. You'd have to cover it every night.

I've just seen this type of thing though on amazon.co.uk. It looks like it will fold up easily at night. This could be just the thing! UK readers can buy it here SWINGING GARDEN HAMMOCK SEAT SWING CHAIR

For children, nothing can beat a swing as a toy. Outdoors, healthy fun. There are swings for all ages of children. I've picked my favourites. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment