Join me on Wizzley- a user friendly writers' community

Wizzley

Tuesday 1 May 2012

10 reasons to grow herbs.

You really should try growing herbs if you don't already. I've written what I think is a compelling list of 10 reasons why growing herbs is good.It's called 10 Reasons to grow herbs! not surprisingly!

 I wrote this for a special challenge on the Squidoo site. It's won one of Squidoo's top awards, the The Squidoo Purple Star Award - read all about it!

My herb garden is coming on well this spring. Last night we had lovely fresh haddock for supper, and I picked sorrel, fennel and chives, and snipped the herbs over the fish as it was slowly baking in the over ( with a little olive oil and white wine)With fresh herbs it's so easy to make food that little bit more special.

 My favourite book about cooking with herbs is a collaboration between the Queen of herbs, Jekka McVicar, and the Good Old Jamie Oliver, everyone's mate and all round good bloke. UK readers can buy this great book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment